Exhibit Your Artwork
Jubilee Arts is always looking for engaging and innovative artist to exhibit their work in our first floor gallery and window display space. We have one long gallery wall and store front display space for artist to exhibit their work (photos below). Art exhibitions usually run for a month long and we can work with you to plan an opening reception. As a community space we are especially interested in works that promote building community and social change, though all types of artwork and artist are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Email: Program director Dalvin Byron, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email please include:
1. 5 samples of your artwork, attached in jpeg format. All images must be labeled with your name and image title, for example: “JamesSmith_WallwithFlower.jpeg”
2. Less than 300 word description of the body of work you want to exhibit at Jubilee Arts, please include what the work is about and what medium you used.
Once your email is received your images will be reviewed. If your proposal is accepted Jubilee staff will work with you to determine exhibition dates.
How it works:
1. Jubilee provides the gallery space free of charge to exhibiting artists
2. Artist will sign a contact with Jubilee Art before their artwork is installed
3. Jubilee will ensure that the walls are patched and painted before agreed upon install date
4. Artists are responsible for installation and may install their work during Jubilee Arts hours (agreed upon between program director and exhibiting artist)
5. Any art sold will be processed through Jubilee Arts
6. Sold art will be delivered to the buyer at the point of the sale
7. In regards to art sales 60% of sale goes to artist and 40% to Jubilee.
8. All artwork exhibited must be approved by Jubilee Arts staff, Jubilee Arts staff reserves the right to prohibit or remove artwork that does not align with Jubilee Arts goals, mission or vision.
9. Jubilee will give a check for the artist’s portion of sales when the agreed upon art work de-install date.
Artist who exhibit work at Jubilee Arts are responsible for:
1. Hanging and framing their own work
2. De-installing their work on the agreed upon date
3. Patching up all holes after they de-install their artwork
4. Promoting their art show opening